HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEA MANNING!
Free Her Now!
When – Tuesday 17 December 2013 1500 – 1630 hrs
Where – St Martin in the Fields
Tube – Charing Cross / Leicester Sq
(St Martins request that vigils on the steps are silent)
Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning is the US soldier sentenced to 35 years in jail for leaking thousands of documents to Wikileaks exposing US and other governments’ war crimes and corruption. She is 26 years old on this day. Ever since she was detained and tortured in 2010, international protests, have demanded her release. Demonstrate your support for her courageous whistleblowing, and for all who blow the whistle on corruption, dictatorship and dirty government secrets.
Thanks to Chelsea we know about
- The “collateral murder” video of a US helicopter crew killing Iraqi civilians
- The cover-up of rape in Iraq & Afghanistan
- The extent of drone strikes
- US dirty tricks in Haiti, Venezuela & elsewhere
- The corruption of Tunisian dictator Ben Ali that spurred the 2011 revolution
- Israel consulting Egypt & the Palestinian Authority before invading Gaza
Join with Veterans For Peace UK and other groups as we vigil for Chelsea