Monday 18 July
6pm Parliament Square
Meet under the VFP Flag
The date is set. Parliament will decide on whether or not to spend £205 billion on replacing Trident, Britain’s nuclear weapons system, on Monday 18th July.
Trident is a militarily useless weapon of mass destruction, and we need to make sure that we get the comprehensive debate we deserve – it’s an opportunity for MPs to have a complete rethink about how Britain responds to the 21st century security threats we face. Simply replacing an extortionately expensive cold war relic will not do.
CND has called an emergency protest. Join us at 6pm outside Parliament to say Stop Trident as MPs debate the issue inside. MPs will begin debating at 3.30pm and they are set to vote at 10pm.
- Sign up to the protest on Facebook and share with your contacts
- On Wednesday 13th join the mass lobby of MPs. A number of MPs have already changed their mind as a result of our campaign. Make sure you speak to your MP ahead of this crucial vote
- Stop Trident public meeting. After the mass lobby of MPs, join us in Parliament at 6pm for a public meeting chaired by Caroline Lucas MP
- Help promote activities and express your views on Trident using the #StopTrident hash tag on Twitter. Keep up to date with the latest developments by following us @CNDuk
- Donate to fund the emergency protest at Parliament
National Day of Action – 18th July
In addition to the emergency protest in Parliament Square, Stop Trident actions are set to take place across the country on the day of the vote. Please keep an eye on this page for further details, and please email us with details of actions you are planning.