Poor recruitment figures show that young people in the UK have little interest in joining the army. Much like Armed Forces Day, “Reserves Day” is another desperate attempt to hoodwink our youngsters into joining the reserves, the army cadets and the regular army.
Army recruitment teams prey on children and portray life in the army as glamorous, rewarding and exciting, they remain silent on the possible negative outcomes of military service. The army is nothing like the army brochures and the videos you see online. Here are a few things that a recruiter won’t talk about;
- MOD studies confirm that there is an excess
risk of psychiatric injury for reservists deployed to war.
- You can’t change your job in the army without the army’s permission but the army can move you to another job without your permission.
- The Army Foundation College in Yorkshire is really just an army training camp and it only does three courses; English, maths, ICT. The courses aren’t GCSEs, they’re less than half as long, and so basic that they’re almost worthless.
- Sexual abuse is rife within the army. The army accepts that sexual abuse is higher in the army than in civilian jobs.
- Since 2001 the British Army has been used covertly or overtly to attack Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria and Yemen. None of these countries posed a threat to the people of Britain. Our wars have nothing to do with defending the people of the British Isles.
We know from experience that army recruitment teams are not to be trusted. For more information on the negative consequences of army service please go to dontjointhearmy.co.uk
It is time for us, as a society, to accept that warfare is not the solution to the problems we face in the 21st Century.
Don’t believe the hype, don’t join the army.
a well-produced ,punchy website. just hope the brainwashing to hate is not irreversible for most, but ptsd needs to be fully discussed among the general public. If I am not mstaken, a high proportion of the homeless are ex-service, and probably a high proportion of alcoholics. This is never confronted by the authorities, who send folk to war and wash their hands of the consequences .Clearly, the best “help for heroes”is not to send folk to kill in foreign fields, yet we know, a 11/11 approaches, that the RBL and similar will not utter a squeak on this simple idea.