- Books by Aly Renwick are now available on the VFP online shop.
- Alastair (Aly) Renwick was born in Scotland and joined the British Army at sixteen years of age in 1960.
- After 3 years in an Army Apprentice School he joined the Royal Engineers and served in West Germany and then in Thailand, Kenya, and Cyprus. He purchased his discharge in late 1968, shortly after a short period in a then passive Northern Ireland, and moved to London to help organise the anti-Vietnam War protests, whose demonstrations he had attended while still a soldier.
- He has taken part in peace and reconciliation work in Britain and Ireland, worked with Northern Ireland veterans who are suffering from combat-related PTSD and is now a member of Veterans For Peace UK: veteransforpeace.org.uk
- Aly Renwick’s first novel, … last night another soldier…, was published by Information on Ireland in 1990. It was acclaimed as one of the five best novels of ‘the Troubles’ in the Irish Post and became ‘required reading’ for ‘postcolonial-studies’ courses in various universities in the US.
- In 1999 his book about combat-related PTSD, Hidden Wounds – the problems of Northern Ireland veterans in Civvy Street, was published by Barbed Wire.
- Aly’s latest novel, Gangrene, was published by the Merlin Press in late 2017.
- ‘Gangrene is a powerful, well-crafted thriller; a page turner, written with a chilling atmosphere of realism. It’s not for the faint hearted as for anyone who observed something of the ‘hidden war’ in Ireland, there is a terrifying authenticity.’
- Peter Berresford Ellis
- Gangrene is like The Ipcress File and The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists morphed into one. It is set during four months in 1994 and the events of the preceding three decades. It thrusts you into the heart of an NHS hospital, a mining community in Nottinghamshire and the dirty war in Northern Ireland.
- Here is a review for Gangrene from Dave Douglass, who was one of the leading miners during the strike of 1984/5.
Kindly keep in touch with MIFT Organization SWAT Pakistan . MIFT Non political & Non profit and Non Governmental social Organization pakistan .